Minutes

DISTRICT 17 BUSINESS MEETING

Minutes

 

January 3, 2018

Pahrump, Nevada

 

 

Meeting Called to order at 5:31 pm

 

After a moment of silence for the still suffering alcoholic opened with the Serenity Prayer

 

DCM: Kim W. absent.

 

Alt DCM: Bud L. had no report at this time.

 

Secretary: Jodi L. reported the minutes were emailed to DCM to forward to District after review. Motion was made to accept, 2nd, and passed.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Dale B. reported:

Prudent Reserve $200

Balance forward $1,267.15

Income $382.35

Expenses $167.94

Ending Balance $1,481.56 ($1,681.56 w/PR)

H & I Balance $464.07

 

Motion was made to accept, 2nd, and passed.

 

Old Business:

Meeting schedule: Alan R. reported corrections have been made to the meeting schedule and it is posted on the District website. Alan also provided several copies for members to take to groups.

 

Storage Unit: Lynn T. reported that she has received the list of items from Delly S. Kim W. has the key to the storage. Dale B. brought items in his van, however both Kim W. and Jack A. were absent. Item tabled to February meeting.

 

Guidelines Ad hoc committee: December District meeting Kim W. was going to be typing those to present to the District. Kim W. was not present. Item tabled to February meeting.

 

Website Calendar: Alan R. reported the website has been taken care of except that he needs all event information. If anyone could provide the event flyer originals, he will copy and paste to the website. He asks those be provided to him in MS Word format to make it easier for him to copy and paste.

 

 

New Business:

No New Business.

 

 

Hotline: E. Foxx reported that Laurie had the phone. She received 6 calls last month. Foxx is looking and has someone in mind to take the phone for next month.

 

Literature: Hoppy H. reported:

Current Inventory $431.65

Income from sales $74.28

Check received to purchase more items $74.18

 

H&I: E. Foxx reported things are going well however he needs new people to get involved. He currently has some that are in the “approval screening” process. Delly S. reported that there are some women in corrections who have stated that they are not receiving the literature H&I has provided. Foxx has a meeting this month with the corrections leadership which he will discuss with them at that time.

 

Grapevine: GeorgeAnn reported that she has sold all the grapevine books that she had and will be ordering more.

 

Archivist: Jack A. was not present. Bud L. re-iterated that Jack cannot put in archives what he does not have. If anyone has items for the archives, please turn those over to Jack A.

 

Events: Lynn T. reported that the next event will be tentatively March 11st for the Talent-No-Talent/Chili Cook-Off. Located at the Oasis from 12:30pm to 3pm.

 

Workshop: Lynn T. reported the next workshop is February 11th Located at the Oasis from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Steps 4 & 5 the “Joe & Charlie Way”

 

Al-ca-thons: John M. reported that the al-ca-thons were a success. Each meeting had between 8 and 10 in attendance for Christmas and about half of this for New Years.

 

LV Intergroup Liaison: (Area 42 Intergroup is the 2nd Monday each month @6pm located at the Central Office in Las Vegas)  E. Foxx  reported the January 13th Fun Bus from Las Vegas to Laughlin has been cancelled due to not enough participation to be able to fund the event.

 

CPC/PI:  (Area 42 CPC/PI is the 2nd Monday each month @4:30pm located at the Central Office in Las Vegas.) Paul U. reported that things were going well. Alan R. stated that he was at the library and that other organizations were using our literature racks. GeorgeAnn also stated that she was at Westcare and their literature rack was very low. Paul U. will take care of both issues.

 

Webmaster: (Libby – Area 42 Webmaster) Alan R. reported as previously stated that the website is all current and updated.

 

 

GSR Reports:

 

Nooners: Hoppy H. reported that attendance is usually between 12 and 17. They are above their prudent reserve and they have donated to District 17 for two months in a row now.

 

Sunday 12×12 study:  Hoppy H. reported this meeting is mostly court cards. Luckily they are not being charged a specific rent amount.

 

TGIF: Christine R. reported the meeting is doing well. The group will be sending her to Area.

 

Noon in other Room/Men’s Stagg: Jack A. was not present. John M., Alternate G.S.R. reported they have great attendance. They are starting their own Ad hoc committee to create guidelines for the group. They are also involved in Bridging The Gap by having a P.O. Box for inmates to correspond with members.

 

Even Keel: Glen J. was not present. Betty S., Alternate G.S.R. reported they are doing good with a steady attendance.

 

Women’s Meeting: Laurie M. was not present. Dawn, Group Treasurer reported everything going great. Last week they had 16 in attendance.

 

Sharing How it Works:  E. Foxx reported the meeting has consistently 20 in attendance. Last month speaker meeting had 40 in attendance. The group has no Ad hoc committee and is not interesting in having one at this time.

 

No Reservations:  Harvey was not present. Ryan W. reported that Harvey has been having some physical ailments so they are currently seeking a G.S.R. but to keep Harvey on the list until there is a replacement.

 

Keeping it Simple Through the Steps:  Alan R. reported they have 3-4 in attendance and half of those are new people.

 

Boondocks: Delly S. was not present. Lynn T. reported they are doing well and had 21 in attendance last week.

 

 

 

Next Meeting: February 7, 2018 5:30PM

 

Reminders:

January 14th, SAGSC (Southern Area General Service Committee)
February 11th, District 17 Workshop, Steps 4 & 5 the “Joe & Charlie Way”

March 11th (Tentatively), District 17 Event, Talent-No-Talent/Chili Cook-Off

March 2-4th PRAASA, Reno / Spark, located at the Sparks Nugget Hotel, Room Code: G-PRAASA

March 23-25th Area Assembly, Tonopah

May 20th, SAGSC (Southern Area General Service Committee)

 

Meeting Adjourned at 7:32pm; Minutes taken by District 17 Secretary – Jodi L.

7th Tradition collected $25.00 / $10 H&I

 

In attendance:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DISTRICT 17 BUSINESS MEETING
Minutes

December 6, 2017
Pahrump, Nevada

Meeting Called to order at 5:28 pm

DCM: Kim W. called the meeting to order After a moment of silence for the still suffering alcoholic opened with the Serenity Prayer. Passed sign in sheet.
.

Alt DCM: Bud L. had no report.

Last month Minutes: Jodi L reported the minutes previously emailed for review. Motion was made, 2nd, approved to accept the minutes.

Treasurer’s Report: Dale B. reported:
Prudent Reserve $200
Balance forward $ 1338.43
Income $ 2858.49
Expenses $ 2415.76
Ending Balance $ 1267.15 ($ 1,467.15 w/PR)
H&I Balance $464.07

Motion was made, 2nd, approved to accept treasurer’s report.

Kim reported that Sharda sold Meditation CD’s and donated the monies to District ($50).

Old Business:

Meeting schedule: Kim reported that she spoke with Dewayne, Unity Chair regarding the two concerns addressed last month. Both concerns are to be resolved among those specific group and are not a District concern.
Delly, representing Boondocks would like it noted that Boondocks disagrees with District by having non-registered meetings in the meeting schedule regardless of asterisk indicators.

Storage Unit F16 to C & L Storage, 861 W. Wilson. 775-525-3505
Delly has a list to type of all items particularly for the events she will give to Alan and to the Event coordinator, Lynn.

Guidelines Ad hoc committee: Kim reported that the committee met and have created district guidelines. She will type them to present to District.

New Business: Jack asked that we put a calendar of events on our website for both District and for Groups. Alan said there is a calendar on the site, but it is not utilized. It was agreed that we will utilize going forward.

Foxx asked that the schedule be updated, there are some errors. Foxx will get with Alan.

Committee Reports:

Hotline: E. Foxx 9 calls were received this month. Laurie will have the phone rotation next month. There were discussions regarding the process for Spanish speaking alcoholics. Foxx has contacts in Vegas when this arises.

Literature: Hoppy H. $116.00 in sales for November. No need to order more at this time.

H&I: E. Foxx going well right now.

Grapevine: GeorgeAnn as not present.

Archivist: Jack A. has items at his house to go to storage. Still has not received items from members, please give these items to him that he can put in storage and also load on the thumb drive.

Events: Lynn T. was not present. Kim reported February/March 2018 will be the Chili Cook-off and Talent/No Talent Contest. More to come.

Workshop: Kim W. reported Next workshop is Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 12:30pm to 2:30pm.

Al-ca-thons: John M reported that we still have 10pm and 10am open. He has group commitments but no individual commitments.

LV Intergroup Liaison: E. Foxx reported Area 42 Intergroup is the 2nd Monday each month @6pm located at the Central Office in Las Vegas. He has flyers for the next event which will be Jan 13th Fun Buss.

CPC/PI: Paul U. reported Area 42 CPC/PI is the 2nd Monday each month @4:30pm located at the Central Office in Las Vegas. Dianne at channel 46 has promised that we are in line to be aired for a 60-minute spot.

Webmaster: Alan R. reported that no one has contacted him to date for any schedule changes. As previously mentioned, he will get with Foxx regarding some errors in the schedule Foxx had indicated.

GSR Reports:

Nooners: Hoppy H. reported that attendance has picked up as well as donations. Tonight was the first time in a long time they have been able to donate to District. Things are much better.

TGIF : Christine R. reported that the meeting is doing okay, paying rent, attendance goes up and down.

Noon in other Room/Men’s Stagg: Jack A. reported that the Friday Night Men’s Stage is a part of the Noon in the other Room and should be notated together. Jack also reported that things are well. They are not at their reserve and have an Ad hoc committee created for the meeting guidelines.

Even Keel: Betty S. reported that as of two weeks ago the meeting elected a GSR (Glen J.). The meeting was able to make donations to all entities.

Women’s Meeting: Laurie M. reported that their treasurer is back so they could give their donation to district. They have had attendance with a large influx of new women attending. The meeting is working on creating a newcomer welcome packet.

Sharing How it Works: E. Foxx reported that the meeting is trying to get a new chair person. Things are well.

No Reservations: Harvey was not present – no report given.

Keeping it Simple Through the Steps: Alan R. reported that attendance has slowed way down due to the holidays.

Boondocks: Delly reported that the meeting is doing really well. The format is a 12 by 12 meeting. However, anytime there is a newcomer, they go back to step 1. She has been out of town, but now that she is back she will bring donation for District next month.

Sunday 12×12 study: Hoppy reported the meeting is primarily card carriers, as a result they usually cannot make rent and are not able to donate to district. They are not registered because they want to wait to see if things improve.

Next Meeting: January 3rd, 2018

Meeting Adjourned at 6:05; Minutes taken by District 17 Secretary Jodi L.

Closing: 7th Tradition Collection, Responsibility Clause

Upcoming events:
February 11, 2018 District 17 Workshop, Steps 4 & 5 the “Joe & Charlie Way”, 12:30pm-2:30pm
February/March 2018 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off and Talent/No Talent Contest
March 2-4, 2018 PRAASA, Reno/Sparks, Nugget Hotel, Room Code: G-PRAASA

In attendance:

 

 

Minutes of Previous Meetings

October 2010 (display or print)
November 2010 (display or print)
December 2010 (display or print)
January 2011 (display or print)
February 2011 (display or print)
March 2011(display or print)
April 2011(display or print)
May 2011(display or print)
June 2011(display or print)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s